Now is the time for you to experience the seminar that high school business and finance teachers are talking about. More than 1,100 high school educators from across the country have already attended the PwC-KWHS Seminar for High School Educators on Business and Financial Responsibility.
Why Should You Attend? This comprehensive, three-day learning experience is designed to help highly motivated educators expand their understanding of personal finance and develop business-related skills that they can immediately integrate into their classrooms. This seminar does not focus exclusively on financial literacy! It is an opportunity to explore both personal finance concepts, as well as critical business, entrepreneurship and leadership skills that will help high school students excel in the 21st century global economy.
The seminar offers many benefits, including:
- Coverage of primary expenses , including transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, teaching sessions and conference materials;
- Customized sessions taught by Wharton professors and PwC US leaders on finance and business-related topics;
- Breakout sessions exploring lesson plans and practical applications of seminar concepts;
- Access to free curricula that can be applied immediately in classrooms;
- Networking opportunities with peers from across the country to discuss best practices and cultivate new connections;
- Certificate of completion from Knowledge@Wharton and 20 hours of professional development.
Submit Your Application. We are currently accepting applications for our eleventh seminar,
which will be held on the Philadelphia campus of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the Ivy League’s oldest business school, December 2-4, 2016. Attendance is limited to 130 high school educators, including teachers, principals and superintendents. The seminar application is open to all U.S. high school educators; however, those from the East Coast  are especially encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is October 16, 2016. If accepted, you will be contacted by October 18, 2016. More information about the conference can be found at http://kw.wharton.upenn.edu/phila-teachers-seminar-2016/. We strongly encourage you to read about the seminar before applying to determine if it is the right fit for your professional development needs.
Questions? Email KWHSseminar@wharton.upenn.edu