From our friends at NextGenPF . . .
NGPF SUMMER INSTITUTE 2017 – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Looking for great PD opportunities this summer? NGPF’s Summer Institute may be what you are looking for! NGPF is excited to announce that applications for our Summer Institute 2017 are now open! Due to the number of high quality applicants we received last year, in 2017 we will be hosting TWO Summer Institutes – that means 24 educators will have the opportunity to join us this summer. Here are the Summer Institute dates:
- June 25-28, 2017
- July 16-19, 2017
Applications close March 3, 2017.
Questions? Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO EXPECT AT SUMMER INSTITUTE:
- An opportunity to collaborate with eleven other passionate, dedicated, innovative personal finance educators which will result in relationships that extend well beyond the Institute.
- Meaningful, relevant workshops delivered by the NGPF team, as well as special guest presenters. For example, last year we visited the Stanford d-school for a session on design thinking.
- A one-year commitment where you will serve as an NGPF Fellow, sharing your expertise with the educator community
- All expenses paid, including transportation, hotel accommodations, all meals, and a few fun events around town
- A lot of hard work and a lot of fun!
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
We anticipate selecting teachers with a diverse set of experiences. For example last year’s Summer Institute had 12 participants hailing from 11 states who came from a variety of school types (public, charter, and private), settings (rural, suburban, and urban); and had different levels of teaching experience.
- Be current US high school personal finance teachers or teacher-educators
- Be able to travel to our Palo Alto, CA office where the Summer Institute will be held
- Participate in all sessions during the 2 1/2 day professional development including a Welcome Dinner on the Sunday of your arrival
- Serve as an NGPF Fellow for the 2017-2018 school year (details to be provided)
- Submit a completed application by March 3, 2017
- For insight into how we made our selections last year, read NGPF Application Tips For Summer Institute 2017!