From our friends at W!se:
Earlier this year, we announced the creation of the Financial Literacy Ambassador Award. This is a $10,000 monetary award that will be distributed to five students ($2,000 each) who earn a perfect score of 100% on our Financial Literacy Certification Test in the 2016-7 school year and are selected based on their application.
The award is made possible through the sponsorship of Financial Literacy Outreach (FLO) Mentors, a group of w!se volunteers who are passionate about helping young people improve their knowledge of personal finance. We are truly grateful to FLO Mentors for this generous sponsorship.
Financial Literacy Ambassadors Award applicants must be a student (grades 9-12) who
- Scored 100% on the W!se Financial Literacy Certification Test while enrolled in a high school participating in the Financial Literacy Certification program and
- Took the w!se Financial Literacy Certification test in the summer 2016, fall 2016, or spring 2017.
To be considered for the Award, applicants must:
- Complete an application form.
- Write an essay in 500 words or less which describes and explains:
- What lessons I learned from studying personal finance in high school and how I will apply these lessons throughout my life (250 words maximum)
- How I plan to spend the money if I receive the Financial Literacy Ambassadors Award, (250 words maximum)
- Submit a letter of recommendation written by a school official, an employer or mentor (or equivalent role model). Author needs to disclose relationship with applicant and provide phone number and email address. The letter CANNOT be written by a family member or friend.
- Agree, if selected for an Award, to complete a short w!se survey once a year for three consecutive years after the Award is made.
- Agree, if selected for an award, to submit a headshot photograph and agree to the use of his or her name and image in wise publications, a press release and public relation materials. If this is a problem, please let us know by calling Mr. Anderson at 212-421-2700.
Timetables and Deadlines
Applications may be submitted starting February 28, 2017 by mail to:
Mr. David Anderson, EVP
Working in Support of Education
227 East 56th Street, Suite 201, New York, NY 10022
The DEADLINE for submitting applications is June 30, 2017. Applications postmarked AFTER June 30, 2017 will not be considered.