This message went out to all members on our email list earlier today:
We hope you’ve had a great summer and have settled nicely into the 2017-2018 school year. We’ve been busy at the MBEA and wanted to share a few things with you!
- Save the date for our 2018 conference: April 6, 2018 in Natick, MA.
- Our website continues to be updated with information on professional development opportunities, student opportunities, and guest blog posts. We hope that you find the information useful. Every time a new post goes live on the website, it is also posted on our social media accounts (Facebook | Twitter). Please be sure to like and follow us!
- Please consider attending a “Day on the Hill” to advocate for financial literacy education in the state of Massachusetts on October 11th. If you are unable to attend, you can still make a difference! Contact your local legislator and the chairs of the Education Committee and ask them to support S249 (Eldridge) and H261 (Gregoire)!
- We will be adding a new “Feature a Teacher” component to our website each month. If you would like to nominate a business educator, please let us know! We’d like to highlight teachers doing great things in their classrooms from all around the Commonwealth.
- We are still looking for guest bloggers who would like to share a post with our members. If you are interested in writing something new or re-launching an existing post from another blog, please email Jacqueline Prester (email@example.com).
- For any teachers looking to connect with others from around the country, consider participating in the bi-weekly #busedu Twitter chats (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month), For more information, please see the #busedu website and follow along on Twitter at #busedu.
- Another way to connect with business educators from around the country is through the Business Educators group on Facebook. Send a request to join and participate in the discussions, access shared lessons, and more!
- EdCamp Southeastern Massachusetts is on December 2nd at Norton Middle School. If you have never been to an UNconference before, take a look! It’s a fantastic opportunity for FREE professional development.
We hope that you are having a great school year. Keep up the great work!
President of the MBEA Board of Directors