From our friends at RI Jump$tart:
Dear New England K-16 Educators:
Earn $75.00 to Jump$tart your 2018-19 Personal Finance curriculum with an all-new, free, one-day Personal Finance professional development program to be held at Fidelity Investments, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI on Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Letters will be provided to participants to document their professional development hours.
Space is limited, so please register on Eventbrite now to reserve your place:
This interactive professional development workshop is open all New England K-16 educators and pre-service teachers. It is designed for you — an adult learner in the continuously-evolving Personal Finance space. You will leave with an in-depth understanding of key concepts, enhanced instructional strategies, and additional resources to support your students’ progress toward financial literacy and capability.
- Experience a brand new Jump$tart module* presented by skilled Fidelity Investments facilitators;
- Learn best practices in personal finance education based on CEE National Standards Financial Literacy (adopted in RI in November 2014);
- Work alongside K-16 educators from across New England and industry experts;
- Leave with instructional materials and practices that you can implement immediately;
- Earn $75.00 and 7 hours of documented professional development training that can be used toward MA and now RI certification renewal;
- Bring a colleague, and help us spread the word in the education community about the importance of financial literacy;
Register now to reserve your place at this limited-seating opportunity.
The Thursday August 23, 2018 Personal Finance educator training program is being organized by the RI Jump$tart Coalition and Fidelity Investments. Questions may be directed to Dr. Margaret Brooks, RI Jump$tart President and Director of BSU Financial Literacy, at rhodeislandjumpstart@gmail.
Many thanks to Fidelity Investments for generously hosting and supporting this valuable program!
Read about the 2015 program here: http://rijumpstart.org/
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting workshop in August!