From our friends at RI Jump$start and Fidelity:
Earn $75.00 to Jump$tart your 2018-19 Personal Finance curriculum with an all-new, free, one-day Personal Finance professional development program to be held at Fidelity Investments, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI on Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Letters will be provided to participants to document their professional development hours.
Space is limited, so register on Eventbrite now to reserve your place: http://bit.ly/FinLitTraining
This interactive professional development workshop is open all New England K-16 educators and pre-service teachers. It is designed for you — an adult learner in the continuously-evolving Personal Finance space. You will leave with an in-depth understanding of key concepts, enhanced instructional strategies, and additional resources to support your students’ progress toward financial literacy and capability.
- Experience a brand new Jump$tart module* presented by skilled Fidelity Investments facilitators;
- Learn best practices in personal finance education based on CEE National Standards Financial Literacy (adopted in RI in November 2014);
- Work alongside K-16 educators from across New England and industry experts;
- Leave with instructional materials and practices that you can implement immediately;
- Earn $75.00 and 7 hours of documented professional development training that can be used toward MA and now RI certification renewal;
- Bring a colleague, and help us spread the word in the education community about the importance of financial literacy;
- Register now to reserve your place at this limited-seating opportunity.
The new Jump$tart module will assess how a career plan impacts earning power and lifestyle, discuss the value of benefits, and explore how deductions impact income. Other topics will include planning for retirement, building endurance, and making adjustments during changing stages of life and career.
The Thursday August 23, 2018 Personal Finance educator training program is being organized by the RI Jump$tart Coalition and Fidelity Investments.