From our friends at NGPF:
Need new lessons and content to bring to your students this semester? Wondering how to get the most out of Google Drive or Google Classroom? Want to get feedback on a lesson idea you have before using it in your classroom? Then join an NGPF PLC or Webinar today!
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING ABOUT NGPF PLCs:
- “I was very impressed with the quality of the program. It was so organized and I received great resources that I can incorporate into my curriculum. Jessica was an excellent moderator and kept us all on task!”
- “The PLC was a great way to reach out to a group of teachers you would not otherwise collaborate with. Getting input and feedback from such a varied group of educators really helped to enrich my lesson.”
HOW AN ONLINE PLC WORKS:
- Send in an artifact that you would like feedback on
- Meet online for 30 minutes/week with a group of 3-5 educators
- PLC Round lasts 3-5 weeks as each educator gets feedback on their artifact
- Led by NGPF’s expert facilitator, Jessica
- Provided at NO COST to participants. Space is limited, so register today!
- Intro to NGPF – One of the challenges of teaching personal finance is there are countless resources for every subject, but determining whether they are appropriate or quality can take valuable hours. Next Gen Personal Finance (NGPF) is a nonprofit that works full-time to curate the best free resources on the web into a vast online collection of cohesive personal finance lessons and activities for all educators… completely free. In this session, learn how to harness NGPF’s library and spend less time searching for the right materials and more time crafting a lesson customized to your strengths and students’ needs.
Hosted by Danielle on September 13 at 1pm Pacific Time | Register Now
- Getting Started with GOOGLE CLASSROOM – Google Classroom and NGPF materials work great together. Google Classroom is a free platform that allows teachers to create, distribute, provide feedback, and grade in a digital format. This session will be an introduction to the technical, platform-specific aspects of using Google Classroom with NGPF materials. If you’re already a Google Classroom Pro, you probably don’t need this webinar. But if you’re brand new to Google Classroom or are interested in seeing how it works, register now!
Hosted by Amanda on September 18 at 2pm Pacific Time. | Register Now
- Ins and Outs of NGPF on GOOGLE CLASSROOM – Do you want to learn how to effectively implement NGPF resources on Google Classroom from a teacher who has been in your shoes? Join NGPF Fellows as they share the ins and outs on how our lessons can be taught on this online classroom platform. This teacher-led webinar will include some best practices on how students submit work, use SAPs and activities, and how teachers grade these assignments. This webinar has been largely requested by many teachers and we are so excited to finally share this with you! Note: This is NOT a technical instruction webinar on how to use Google Classroom, but instead a webinar on how to use NGPF materials on Google Classroom and implementing them in the class. If you are looking for more technical procedures assistance, sign up for the “Getting Started with GOOGLE CLASSROOM” webinar on September 18th.
Hosted by NGPF Fellows on September 24 at 2pm Pacific Time. | Register Now
- Brush Up On: Budgeting – In this content-focused webinar, you’ll have the opportunity to review core concepts AND new technologies around Budgeting such as:
– The 50/30/20 Rule
– Best practices when budgeting for college
– Popular budgeting apps such as Mint and You Need a Budget (YNAB)
This free, live webinar is the third in a brand new series offered by NGPF that focuses on CONTENT KNOWLEDGE so that you can feel better prepared and more confident when teaching your students about this topic.
Hosted by Sonia on September 27 at 2pm Pacific Time. | Register Now
- Ins and Outs of NGPF on SCHOOLOGY – Do you want to learn how to effectively implement NGPF resources on Schoology from a teacher who has been in your shoes? Join NGPF Fellow Adrienne Deakins as she shares the ins and outs on how our lessons can be taught on this online classroom platform. This teacher-led webinar will include some of Adrienne’s best practices on how students submit work, use SAPs and activities, as well as how she grades these assignments. This webinar has been largely requested by many teachers and we are so excited to finally share this with you!
Hosted by Adrienne on October 16 at 2pm Pacific Time | Register Now
- Brush Up On: Investing – We’ve heard over and over that it’s difficult to teach your teenage students investing if you’re not *quite* so sure about all the ins and outs yourself. In this content webinar, we will review the MUST KNOW information to teach investing with confidence as well as some NICE TO KNOW details, too:
– Mutual vs index vs target date funds
– Risk tolerance, diversification, and asset allocation
– IRAs and 401(k)s
– How do all these new investment apps work?
This live, free webinar focuses on CONTENT KNOWLEDGE so that you can feel better prepared and more confident when teaching your students about this topic.
Hosted by Sonia on October 25 at 2pm Pacific Time | Register Now
- Brush Up On: Careers & Employment – Resumes and cover letters are important, but did you know it’s often software doing the first pass on job candidates? And some employers are forgoing the traditional application process and hiring through LinkedIn? Register for this content webinar to learn these details as well as:
– How automation and AI are and will continue to impact employment
– Which fields and skills are most in demand for your upcoming graduates
– New trends in interviewing
Hosted by Sonia on November 29 at 2pm Pacific Time | Register Now
- What’s Trending in Personal Finance? – It’s time for Tim’s Yearly Wrap Up Webinar — Tune in to learn about changes sweeping the financial landscape AND find ways to incorporate these current events into your classroom. This webinar will give you an opportunity to test your knowledge in an interactive way while also previewing resources that you can bring to your students this Spring.
Hosted by Tim on December 13 at 2pm Pacific Time | Register Now