The Stephen G. Sullivan Scholarship is awarded annually to one college-bound high school senior. Steve formerly served on the JA of Northern New England Board of Directors and established this scholarship to continue to give back to JA students and assist a student who has been positively impacted by JA, alleviate some of the financial burden of going to college. This year Steve has generously increased the scholarship amount from $5,000 to $10,000!
Criteria for Eligibility and Next Steps:
Students must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- First in your immediate family to go to college.
- English is not your first language.
Students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You are a senior that completed at least ONE JA program under the direction of your teacher and/or a JA Volunteer (see below for list of programs);
- You are actively working to prepare yourself academically for admission to a four-year college, demonstrating your academic potential through your commitment to your classroom work and assignments;
- You plan to obtain bachelor’s degree and enroll in college in the fall of 2019;
- You were an active participant in your JA program and can clearly demonstrate in words through an essay the benefit derived from the program and its impact on your decisions to further your education.
JA Program Points Values
JA Company Program – In-school or Afterschool 10
JA Summer Institute 10
JA Economics 5
JA Finance Park Virtual 5
JA Career Success 5
JA Be Entrepreneurial 5
JA Personal Finance (Kit Based or Blended) 5
JA Student Leadership Summit 5
JA STEM Symposium 5
JA Programs while in Middle School 2
JA Programs while in Elementary School 2