This Summer MTA is offering fifteen FREE two-day workshops at locations around the state where you’ll be able to earn 12 or 15 PDPs towards your license renewal. We have member-designed workshops in English Learners, Special Education, Technology, Mathematics, Arts, Safe & Supportive Schools and Curriculum & Instruction that should meet the needs of many teachers and specialists this Summer!
Registration will open on June 13 at 4:00PM.
Melrose – July 11 (then online)
- Scaffolding Content for English Learners and All Learners Using Graphic Organizers (ELL)
Burlington – July 15 & 16
- Adapting the Music Class for Students with Special Needs (SPED)
- Inclusive Music Education: Adapting the Music Class for Students With Special Needs (SPED)
- Finding Solace in Comics: Reading and Creating Comics that Support Social Emotional Learning
- Transform Learning with Virtual/Augmented Reality
- Understanding Dyscalculia and Math Learning Disabilities (SPED)
MTA Quincy Headquarters – July 17 & 18
- Get Started with Service-Learning!
- Mindfulness & Movement for Everyone
Westborough – July 22 & 23
- Using Diverse and Inclusive Picture Books to Connect All Students to Your Curriculum (ELL)
Natick – July 23 & 24
- Universal Design for Learning (SPED)
Bridgewater – July 24 & 25
- Supporting ELs in Your Classroom (ELL)
Cambridge – August 12 & 13
- Creating Success with English Learner Students (ELL)
- Fine-Tuning Phonics Instruction for Students with Learning Difficulties (SPED)
Springfield – August 12 & 13
- How to Differentiate in the General Education Classroom to Meet the Needs of Your English Language Learners (ELL)
- Weaving SEL into Your Classroom to Make a Big Difference for Special Needs Students (SPED)
Leominster – August 14 & 15
- Digital Tools for Supporting English Learners (ELL)
All ELL/SEI and Special Education workshops will require additional assignments to be completed after workshop completion for participants to earn 15 PDPs. All other workshops are worth 12 PDPs.
For descriptions and to register, please visit this link. Registration will open on June 13 at 4:00PM.
Looking for more opportunities to earn PDPs?
Be sure to check out MTA Summer Conference at UMass Amherst, August 4-7! Six 2-day workshops will earn you ELL or Special Ed PDPs, and there are dozens of 90-minute and 3-hour workshops to earn more hours towards your license requirements. Regular conference fees will apply.