Date And Time
- Thursday, August 22, 2019
- 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM EDT
- Fidelity Investments
- 900 Salem Street
- Smithfield, RI 02917
- View Map
This popular, free professional-development workshop is open to all New England K-16 educators and pre-service teachers. It is designed for you — an adult learner in the continuously-evolving Personal Finance space. You will leave with an in-depth understanding of key concepts, enhanced instructional strategies, and additional resources to support your students’ progress toward financial literacy and capability.
- Experience innovative new approaches to Earnings Capacity and Savings & Investing modules presented by skilled Fidelity Investments facilitators;
- Learn best practices in personal finance education based on CEE National Standards Financial Literacy (adopted in RI in November 2014);
- Work alongside K-16 educators from across New England and industry experts;
- Leave with instructional materials and practices that you can implement immediately;
- Learn how financial literacy can address achievement gaps in ELA and mathematics, and support college and career technical programs.
- Earn 7 hours of documented professional development training that can be used toward MA and now RI certification renewal, PLUS a $75 stipend;
- Bring a colleague, and help us spread the word in the education community about the importance of financial literacy.
This Personal Finance educator training program is organized by the RI Jump$tart Coalition and Fidelity Investments. Questions may be directed to Dr. Margaret Brooks, RI Jump$tart President and Director of BSU Financial Literacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Many thanks to Fidelity Investments for generously hosting and supporting this valuable program!