BUSINESS EDUCATION TEACHER
- Oakmont Regional High School
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, Massachusetts
- Job ID: 3146426
- Application Deadline: August 12, 2019
- Posted : July 29, 2019
- Starting Date: August 26, 2019
Oakmont Regional High School is seeking a Business Education Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year who is excited to work creatively in a highly collaborative environment with both department members and students.
Successful candidates will be dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic, and creative. They must be willing to teach, and to learn, in a field that is not only constantly growing and evolving, but demands a curriculum that grows and evolves as well. The position requires a willingness to utilize/implement critical thinking to develop math skills.The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to teach Accounting, Personal Finance and Business Applications (Word, Excel, Naviance and Career Exploration), along with teaching the following knowledge and skills to high school student: Microsoft Office, keyboarding, accounting, business law, business communication, basic business, and consumer math. We are eager to meet innovative teachers who are looking to make a commitment to the Oakmont Math and Business teaching teams and an outstanding learning community.
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education dual Business and Math Certification preferred.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Reporting to the Principal and his designee as appropriate, the educator provides direct instruction to students to improve their proficiency in Mathematics and Business Education.
- Teaches Mathematics and Business to High School students
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms and as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Categories:
- Classroom Teacher > Accounting
- Classroom Teacher > Business Education
- Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education certification as a Business and Mathematics teacher at the appropriate high school level.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- David Uminski , Principal
- 9 Oakmont Drive, Ashburnham, Massachusetts 01430
- Phone: 978-827-5907
- Fax: 978-827-1413
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.