From our friends at NGPF:
Scholarship Opportunity: NGPF PAYBACK Challenge
Want to give your students the opportunity to earn scholarships while simultaneously teaching them to make better money decisions about college? Enter the Payback Challenge! Watch the 90-second video below for details:
How to participate in the PAYBACK Challenge
Once you’ve filled out this Intent to Participate form, you will receive the Essay Template for your students as well as next steps.
STEP 2: Students Play PAYBACK
- Do you have ELL students? PAYBACK can also be played in Spanish!
- Short on computers in your classroom? PAYBACK is now mobile-friendly!
STEP 3: Students Write A Short Essay Addressing ONE of Two Prompts
1) Write a letter to your future self that you will open after your freshman year of college, reminding you of the key skills you will need to thrive during your college years.
2) How could you use the online game, PAYBACK, to have a conversation with your parent/guardian about paying for college?
STEP 4: Teacher Nominates and Submits ONE Student Essay
- You will receive an email with instructions on how and where to send in nominations AFTER you register (see STEP 1)
Deadline: 11:59PM PT November 13th, 2019
Oh, and get this… EACH state will be represented on the podium! That’s right. We’re aiming to award scholarships to students from every state!
- National Grand Prize Winners: 10 at $5,000 each
- Honorable Mention Awards: 100+ at $500 each