Let’s pull together some resources we found helpful for Business license recertification in Massachusetts! The MBEA will take your suggestions and put together a helpful page on our site for Business Education teachers! The following information is posted already on the Office of Educator Licensure‘s site:
- How to Become an Educator in Massachusetts
- Licensure Requirements Tool: Determine the requirements for a particular license
- Advancing, Extending, or Renewing a License *
* Note that renewing a professional license now requires at least 150 PDPs that breaks down as follows:
- At least 15 PDPs in content (subject matter knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs in pedagogy (professional skills and knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs related to Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) or English as a Second Language (ESL)
- At least 15 PDPs related to training in strategies for effective schooling for students with disabilities and the instruction of students with diverse learning styles
- The remaining required 90 PDPs may be earned through either “elective” activities that address other educational issues and topics that improve student learning, or additional content, and/or pedagogy.
Please submit your suggestions for meeting the PDP requirements in the required areas above via this Google Form. Thank you so much!